maandag 19 november 2007

Wood you know?...


We tend to wear something around our feet to protect them, to keep them warm and to make sure that you look nice when wearing a suite, bear feet doesnt seem to have sex appeal. Obviously we are all tempted by those fantastic looking crocs... Plastic spells comfort and design...

Lately, I have been coming across people of all ages that wear them, and they all look like they are happy. Sweaty feets and plastic shaped shoes must indeed be enjoyable... But with fashion as in advertising, repetition makes us more aware of it, so after awhile I thought, well maybe I have to buy them as well?
Look silly but be part of the tribe of plastic wearing croccers. It seems just a bridge to far for me and instead of admiring the croccers I really pity them. Some even wear imitations bought at Waterloo plein ! Where is the world going to?
As a proper Dutchman I was reminded again of the power of our design, the comfort of our shoes and the stylish looks of Dutch designer shoes. Classic design, hand made and eco friendly, try that you Crockies! I remember the first pair I had, they were red and handpainted, they fitted like a wooden glove and ended up being burnt in the fire place by yours sincerely...

I believe we should strike against the Crocs movement and start wearing some proper Dutch gear ! Have a look at the picture and pick your favourite, be quick cos soon Mephisto will launch a new model and the Crockers will go for that...

Geen opmerkingen: