zondag 18 november 2007

Amsterdam Window Policy


Having been around a little over the last years, I always seem to run into people that ask me to explain the drugs policy of the Netherlands.
My current story is simple; we are Dutch and like to make money, drugs are illegal which makes them attractive, so we legalize them and the law of supply and demand will do their miracles...merci des Francais, there is no business like snow business..,

However, explaining them so clearly what why we are who we are, often leads to question number two. Why do we put prostitutes behind windows?
Simple answer, cos we care... I mean, imagine if they were behind bars or in a cage? They might catch a cold and pleassee dont get me started about the social security system in Holland.

But the final question, also related to windows... Why do we hide our sausages behind windows? Well, this can only be answered by the great Doctor Febo...
But be honest, isnt it true when you pass in the Kalverstraat that you get attracted to this little cheeky kroket that is looking at you through the window?
I do ! Last passage kept me opening up three windows and releasing, three snacky friends to a short lived freedom...

Dutch window policy is hard to explain but well, its all about pleasure...

Geen opmerkingen: