zondag 4 november 2007

Sunday Culture Day


When the weather is not that good, only 22 degrees, I decided to enjoy a small tour to sniff some culture in my increasing none culture head... First sniff at Chagall, and surprise surprise first Sunday of the month, which I forgot, all museums are free! Excellent, so plenty of people and quiet a few with their parents wondering what the hell they were doing here until they discovered Chagall painted nice naked ladies too...

I do like Chagall use of colour but I am not Wowed about it, and moving further on is the section of biblical inspired paitings. Some illustrate his vision of paradise, plently of colour and floating angels and well I dont mind going there.

Than I would down the boulevard to the Head of Sosno to the Mamac, the Modern art museum of Nice. Quiet a crowd too but a temporary expo of mirrors with images on them. Not sure if this is art, however it makes you think about it and it certainly makes you want to take pictures of it and participate in some kind of creative process, great fun. Moving on to the more established artist I do like Warhol, maybe because of my marketing back ground, but popart is fun and likes to take a fun look at the world! Then there are quiet a few Niki the St Phalle sculptures that are colourful and fun and of course Sosno and Klein, square or blue. Of course there is Ben too, the guy that paints interesting phrases on black surface with white letters. Simple and powerful.

But what I really like is the question, what is art?

Well, after having spend hours in the museums I have to admit that art is something that evokes a strong reaction, good or bad you just want to talk about it, or even blog about! Sundays is Nice are not boring and art is fun!

Geen opmerkingen: