maandag 24 september 2007

Wednesday Ge-Haka day

The world cup rugby is being held in France and rugby is huge here. However I dont have a clue about it and to be honest I still need to understand the rules ... but so far I have not really known a keen interest. But as many French people tell me it is very intellectual and it has a great history behind it, and of course the French are favourites.
But when I had a closer look at things I discovered something that I really found impressive !
Apart from me being able to fit into one leg of these guys, there are teams from the pacific islands that have ways of motivating eachother that even would scare of Mr Ratelband or Mr Robbins. Its very impressive to see and to hear, but my God what if you were in front of them??
Respect gentlemen! It is of course an old Maori ritual and its almost a holy ritual, not to be made fun of. If you see them, you wont! I promise you.
If you are interested to see how it looks than check out the video and see what a confrontation looks like. So far this has been the most interesting thing I discovered in rugby...

Geen opmerkingen: