woensdag 26 september 2007

Amsterdam HQ

Two days of Netherlands fun at the JuniorSenior Head Office, back to my roots :)
Under a grey sky with a nice little bit of rain I worked at the HQ on several interesting project and a mailing, all good fun but when lunch arrives its even funnier...

The huge table in the office is being transformed in a Fete de la Hollandais, gastronomy of a different kind; hagelslag, paling, filet americain, from Leerdam to Gouda, vlokken, muisjes, tosties, the only thing missing was a kroket :) Really funny to be back and have lunch Dutch style, now I remember what I am missing sometimes...and its all full of vitamines....
Back at the hotel I got into a 'fight' with the elevator. This elevator seems only to go up ...but would never come down, so after 5 full minutes it finally decided to open its doors for humble Erwin and while pressing the 10 floor button, the door closed and... that was it. It crashed... so I waited another 2 minutes, but nothing happened so I pressed the alarm. When pressing it, a voice told me I had pressed the alarm, excellent! but what is nexted? Another 5 minutes I was getting a but less patient, 2 square meters and no light have a bad effect on people.
Pressing it again, and again....nothing. Until another 2 minutes later the doors opened and I jumped out. 10 floor? the stairs? well ok.....

Next day the famous elevator had been closed for service and now 300 guests had to wait for the other one that seemed to like the idea of his colleague elevator and patience was the word we needed. When checking out the lady apologized for the lift, somebody will come to check it but we dont know when. MMMM, well in a hotel with 18th floor a but of exercise is not bad...
Although this did reserve me the right to order a large zak vlaamse frieten on the airport! YES.
Flying back was fine although I believe that Transavia will soon fold us in two to get even more seats filled. We are the tallest people in the world and have the smallest leg space!
However this time I witnessed a gentleman that was not only tall but also very big, he ended up using two chairs at the same time! Impressive!
Would he also like the Dutch lunch and Vlaamse frieten?

Geen opmerkingen: