zaterdag 22 september 2007

Cruesli Cruelty

Everybody knows that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It will provide you with the necessary energy to be performant in your 35 hours working week...
Well, I have been rather bad in this area. My breakfast consist of a little 'pot de jaourt' and a coffee, and trust me in gets me going just as good! However, there are those moments in life when you start to doubt it all and make changes for the better of mankind...
Each morning now I get up (it does help) and buy a pain au cereal, and eat my breakfast with a nice coating of Nutella and maybe a jam of rhubarb, a glass of multi vitamine juice and a glass of water, and of course an espresso as dessert. Great, the only thing missing is the sound...miep miep and Roadrunner Erwin is off to score some more clients!

But I like to strive for more and take to another level... I purchased a pack of Cruesli, bio jaourt and some fruits. So when getting up now I prepare a bowl of cruesli with yoghurt and mixed fruits. Sounds pretty healthy and easy. But life is full surprises because in this ritual there is a slightly challenging factor I have realized. Those packs of Cruesli are filled up with raisins of hell, ROM (raisins of massdestruction) the ones that can glue you to a chair hanging from our ceiling.
I guess they help to prolong the process or make you chew more and chewing is important!
For me it means that my breakfast has become a hunt, a hunt for raisins, before and during.
First I emptied the pack in a glass jar, so I can see the f###ers staring at me. Than when I pour it I use my raisin kick ass spoon to filter them out and when I add the jaourt and fruits I give it a second check. This means that I am already quiet sharp and focussed before even having eaten it, would those Cruel Cruesli makers have thought of this?

Anyway, you are warned, having a healthy lifestyle is not easy, better come prepared! I can borrow you my raisins spoon...

Geen opmerkingen: