zaterdag 22 maart 2008

Stormy Bordighera


On Friday I was working from my temporary office on the beach front of Bordighera. It is a peaceful place where you can get a lot of work done and they serve some great coffee and whisper when they do so, to not disturb you. It has a nice view on the seafront and it will be a perfect place to relax in the summer time when the sun has arrived. At the end of the afternoon the colour outside turns to something greyish almost like a smog effect before soon the wind start to show his force. It is amazing within minutes the whole place is activated and chairs are being put aside and door are closed, people speak to each other as if judgment day is upon them.

I continue to work and don’t really pay attention until I hear a strange sound… I look outside and the plastic castle for the kids is blown into the air and it seems like the wind is really showing off. On the funny side, the birds and seagulls are floating against the wind and basically drop like stones in the sea when the wind turns. People enter the place with their clothes and air completely blown into a different shape. It is almost 19.30 and the owner starts to get worried that nobody will take the effort and go down to the restaurant. I reckon it is a good time to leave and prepare myself for the worst.

The wind is blowing fiercely and the waves collide against the rocks, it feel pretty cool and I start running like a small kid. Trying to beat the forces of nature, even as an adult isn’t easy but great fun !
I try to make some pictures but the wind kind of makes its hard to get a well focussed one and I run back home. On the way back I pass several restaurants…they are all completely full with people and it looks like the Italians need a little bit more to move them away from their food and favourite restaurants!

Geen opmerkingen: