zaterdag 29 maart 2008

Scratch your parking time


Today I had a meeting in Sanremo at 11.00 and I drove slowly along the sunny coast line listening to the latest live CD of Muse (not song number 11). When I arrived at rue Verdi where my meeting would take place, I spotted a fantastic parking space completely empty and I parked with a big smile, what a good start ! I got out of the car in search of the parking meter. Well, strangely enough, where ever I looked, nothing to be found. On the other parked cars I didn’t see any printed tickets so I guess I was safe. The meeting carried on for almost 45 minutes until the client proposed to have a coffee in the local bar to conclude the meeting.

We walked outside and a pink piece of paper was flapping on the front screen of my car. Black and pink, not a bad colour scheme but something told me that this spelled …parking ticket. Indeed it was. My client felt pity for me and paid for the coffee during which he explained the procedure. When you park there you need to go to the nearest newspaper shop ( in this case at least 5 minutes walk) where you buy a big carton card. This card has many different part that you need to scratch like the ones you use for making money.

The opened boxes correspond to the time you are staying there. This card you need to put in the car and will prevent it for being fined. Welcome to the Parking Lottery ! Mr Bos, come on down and scratch your parking time ! A funny story that costs me 36 euros, but after a quick evaluation I decided to file this pink paper in the nearest bin. Sometimes it serves its purpose to life in Italy but drive a car with French licence plates.

Geen opmerkingen: