donderdag 13 maart 2008

The principality welcome you...

Although I am still almost a month away from getting the key of the house things are moving forward. Today I got the paperwork by email to become a full resident of the principality of Seborga. What an honour for a simple Dutchman like moi. The document was send by my real estate guy and is just an A4 paper which indicates my desire to enter the principality and become a member of this elite society, well I guess that’s marketing Seborga style.

It will also mean that now I will become entitled to pay tax in Italy which is for many a flexible thing and a sport to find ways of paying as less as possible. The election of Berlusconi would be the icing on the cake for many so all eyes are on the upcoming elections.

For me it will be different cos I have the Prince to elect and to honour and get my own flag to put up in the garden, Seborghinis are proud people.
They have been fighting for over 60 years to get their independence ( I support this case strongly cos it will mean….no more taxes) and they even have an army. But don’t invade Seborga in the morning cos the butcher and grocery store owners are than attending to business.

Well I will now sign off the documents and wait if they will accept me, although I have good potential according to the mayor. When I marry somebody and get two kids I will increase the total population with 10%. Bless them !

By the way, the motto of Seborghini is ; 'Sub umbra sedi' which is Latin for "Sit in the shade' I guess that says it all :)

Geen opmerkingen: