maandag 1 oktober 2007

French Banks part 4


Is there an end to this never ending story?? Well, today it seems there is a break through. After having called one of the two notary offices involved who promised me to call back....

I told them that they never do it and I was willing to put 100 euros on it! They lady laughed and assured me that they would call back within 20 minutes. Generous me gave them 30! Three hours later (and 100 euros richer, but try to get it hahaha) I called them again and was being put on hold for 15 minutes. Butttttt, than a new voice, gently and sweet, oh Mr Bos, how are you? Well, better with my cheque in my back pocket...

Our apologies for the delay and confusion. In my 10 years of accountancy I have never seen this type of trouble. Well, trust me, you dont want too! But could you be so kind and inform me about the status of my kidnapped cheque? Well, Mr Bos we have send it to you other notaire. Really?? when? well....15 minutes ago. Our apologies, we made some mistakes too. Dac. Well, so what is next?

Alors Mr Bos, the other notaire first needs to cash the cheque and than refund it back to you.

Excuse moi? Yes, that is normal procedure. Sounds like another delay but well I will call them and inform my bank. It seems that we are heading towards a solution, well its only been 3 months... But the scary thing now is that after the notaires ...its now back to the bank again...oh dear, it feels rather scary.

On the other hand I feel like with this whole story I could easily write a book that can be turned into a motion picture, starring Brad Pitt as me (well he is blond too) and Mr Bean as the bank manager. I take offer over 1.000.000 euros :)
PS See picture for a save alternative to put your money in!

Geen opmerkingen: