woensdag 10 oktober 2007

I will call you back illness

Some people in the South of France suffer from sunstroke, others from food troubles while other suffer from a far worse condition, a condition that is yet without a solution, this condition is called 'I will call you back"and it is considered to be a fast growing illness.

Something that generally starts at civil servants offices and than spread rapidly to banks, notairy offices, etc For some reason this illness is still without a remedy and seems to create havoc in our lifes. To illustrate this I would like to give an exemple that involves my bank (yes my dear friends) and the notaire. My lost deposit cheque of a considerable amount is somewhere floating in the no mansland of Nice, waiting to be collected although already debitted from my account. In order to change this I need to have yet another form (this is one of the side effects of this illness) This form is complicated and of course involves many signatures of important people.

I have been trying to get this paper for the last month! This meant (and I have counted them) 50 calls to the notaire AND 50 I will call you back and 50 TIMES nothing! The receptionist was feeling ashamed and when I finally confronted the notaire today, face to face, he claimed he was busy (deborde is the deadliest illness in France) I looked at him and the accountant and I asked one simple question; Why didnt you call me back and when will I get my cheque bank. (I guess these are two questions but well after 50 calls I do have some credit...

Well sir, in terms of the cheque its very simple and we will deal with it today... and for not calling back we apologize but we have many clients and especially the Cap d'Antibes clients are very complicated. Better read here; Dear Mr Bos spending just under half a million euros on a house is not our priority we prefer the 20 million ones.

Ok, well that is clear than. So, how can we cure this illness? I thought long and hard about it and came to one conclusion, if I would be able to cure it, I would single handly improve the french economy and win a Nobel price for science and economics...

The only cure I have found so far is to keep my mouth shut and go with the flow, but that does sound a little like I have become part of the disease and not of the cure.... OH DEAR, SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!

Geen opmerkingen: