zondag 28 oktober 2007

A Prune

The joys of living is Nice are sometimes a little bit difficult to locate when trying to find a parking spot Saturday evening. After having driven 40 minutes (!) to find a place that was free, large enough and not illegal and passed by the Negresco to get to the Promenande quickly and passed through ORANGE. Stopped in the middle and voila, 4 poulets eg cops pulled me over.
Quick lesson in law; Papers please? Ok, ah you are a foreigner! Is this your car? Is the insurance valid, do the lights work, were you driving with a seatbelt, all with his armed crossed over his chest and looking at me like I was the biggest criminal ever hit the Riviera.

Anyway, you crossed the red light, we all know that! No, sir I did not! Well, we are cops so we always say the truth... Give me all your papers and you will be fined now and we will take away four points on your licence....hahahha, no you wont, I have a Dutch one and that is not possible.
The blue uniformed chaps were not very pleased with that. I was getting a bit angry cos it all felt a bit aggresive and said to the guy, just give me the PV and I will bugger off.
Of course he wanted to teach me the law ect and I had to follow him cos he wont come to me, the power of blue is stronger than orange...or Red.

90 euros later, I drive off angry to finally find a space to park and withing 30 seconds, a car leaves just in front of the place where I needed to be... luck is a strange thing but well I am now the proud owner of a Prune like they say in French grrrrrr, I think I will eat a cracker tonite.

2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

oh boy, still not aware you should never argue with coppers or mid-wives? 90 bucks; rather hefty price. Was it in Monaco?

ErwinBos zei

You need to come and see Nice again ;) Promenande des Anglais and Negresco is all in Nice, come and get pruned :)