dinsdag 23 oktober 2007

Gevoels temperature

The Dutch use an expression that is quiet interesting and called 'Gevoels temperature', basically the temperature you estimate as being the right one, often isnt correct cos factors of wind seem to make us believe that its colder. But today when having lunch in Monaco I was reading some papers and preparing a presentation while sitting on a terrace.

At a certain time, I switched place cos the sun was burning through my suit and I didnt wanted to welcome my client with nice sweaty wings under my arms. I moved to the other side of the table and started to observe peopling walking by and it became clear to me that Gevoels temperature was something different for the French.

Two gentlemen were passing by in sharp suits but covered in bright coloured scarves with the length of the Chinese wall. A lady carried her Louis V bag while wearing a leather jacket and leather gloves, big sun glasses and boots. A student passed by trying to imitate a Michelin man, a group of office girls were covered in sheep skin and hiding behind big jumpers. They were all obviously trying to beat the changing temperature in the South of France, cos it has gone down here to ..... almost 21 degrees!

Does this means that the Dutch are just basically a bunch of complaining bad looking people and the French a group of well dressed and prepared to suffer to stay beautyful type of group?
The gevoels temperature has gotten a new dimension and I am sure that there will be a Dutch man soon, complaining about it...

Geen opmerkingen: