zondag 19 augustus 2007

To car wash or not to car wash...?

Woke up this morning having an urge... No, not that kindda of urge, an urge to wash my car!
Indeed I lead an exciting life... Car washing is almost like a religion hence the day I picked today. Although my parents never allowed me to wash my car on Sunday. I have always asked them for an explication but never got one, its like that! The famous phrase parents use when they really dont feel the need to explain.

So, you can see the joy I had when finally started to life on my own, however this joy was sort lifed. I lived in Haarlem three floors high and no direct tab to get some water so a hose of about 15 meters would have covered it but the Firemen didnt let me play with it. Than I needed to be creative and being creative gives you great ideas.... I brought another car, a black one ! Problem solved.

Well times have changed, since being a hardworking student to an even harder working business but old traditions are still there, so car washing is back on the agenda!
My current car has what can be described as a grey dust with little sandy sparkles, and would do well at a Chanel winter collection, although I need to convince Herr Karl L. for this and I dont really want to go there...

So, I have the car, I have the urge to clean, I have a tab close by, and Sponge Bob is willing to assist, what else can I ask for???

The vision of my parents suddenly appeared 'Erwin dont wash your car on Sunday'! Damn 1,400 km away and still present in my back yard! Has it something to do with the Holy Sunday aspect? I guess the bible didnt mention it for the lack of cars... so that cannot be it.
Ah, it seems to have something todo with respecting a day of rest! Mmmmmm, interesting point! I went outside and had a second look and realized that I have sticked to another tradition ...I have a black car !

Problem solved, lets sit on the balcony and try to kill off the urge with an espresso and some cake! Ouff, thumbs up for tradition!

Geen opmerkingen: