zaterdag 11 augustus 2007

Kick off

This weekend things will be different ..... after a week during which the stock market got some majors hits and certain parts of Europe had to cope with a bit more water than you can fit in a bottle. This weekend everybody is ready...ready to be glued to the a plasma screen because....the football seasons will kick off!!! Hahahah, all female readers will be disappointed but trust me I have a message for them a bit later.

Is this a big thing than? You would ask? Well, honestly I am not a big football fan, although AJAX is my club and hate it when they loose! But it is a very interesting time in many different ways. The built up is interesting; all major clubs battle it out for the best players. Crazy amounts of money are spend on players that are frankly not really TOP but at least they kick a ball better than your sincerely :) The biggest transfers are of course in the country of baked beans on toast and fish and chips. A few dutch players have enjoyed a slight salary increase by joining either Arsenal, Chelsea or United. They have left their national clubs at an early age chasing glory and well money I guess...

Which leaves clubs with serious issues... Man United are doing construction works to enlarge their parking lot cos the players cars' are getting bigger and bigger. Their ego's as well but they dont need parking space so that is fine!

Players are getting arrogant, Robben of Chelsea wants 90,0000 pounds a week cos he is worth it....I thought that that only applied to L'oreal shampoo... Anyway Chelsea is of course always been the biggest spender although not this year, but they had to increase a number of salaries like Terry is now on a merely 160,000 pounds a week, I know, I deserve much more... Doh, they are kicking a ball one side, and on the other they are part of an economic system that generates lots of jobs and money for many people. ( Why am I not ??)

That made me think. Do need to sue my parents?? They have never forced me to play football and I have never really played it. Do I need to see a Nip Tuck doctor and transform myself into a second David Beckham??? Well that would be nice but it comes at a price...Posh spice.

That leaves me with one idea, and for that one I mentioned before that this blog could be interesting for women too... I need to find a woman or several for that manner that will be interested to welcome me in participating in this project... If we would create one or even two smaller version of moi and shape them into football players I also can contribute to the football economy and maybe even get a season ticket at Ajax and if all cos well a big parking space at United !

In any case I wish everybody a good weekend with or without a football match ! E

Geen opmerkingen: