woensdag 8 augustus 2007

Harry Potter and the Stolen Tomato Taste

Oh before I forget! I was wondering this today!

What the hell are the tomatoes doing ! Went to the supermarket to buy some tomatoes and we all know that they exist in all shapes and forms and various prices. Do u want small, go for cherry tomatoes U want Huge go for beefsteak ect
But when you buy them u notice two things, damn they are expensive and when u get ready to eat ....damn forgot to buy the taste with it...cos there isnt any.

Being a proud Dutchman (sort of) we produce them and ship them to among other the Germans. Are we taking the piss? They refer to them as Waterbombs, which sort of explains what it is, a big red fruit full of water, mmmmmm nice.
So I think we need to declare a state of emergency and start a support group to rescue the Tomato Taste!!!

Hang on, last Saturday I went to the market in San Remo, Italy, and was taken by surprise... Tomatoes or Pomodoro are happening !! But by God they are ugly !!! I think they put them in really crap ground and shout at them all the time...

Anyway, I buy one kilo for 1,50 euro, yes no joke! They put the ugly tomatoes in an even uglier brown bag that generally is used for handing out black money... and I get some salad with it.
At home I take them out and start preparing..... Struck by tomato lighting BOOOMMMM
The Italians have stolen the Taste and hidden it in some ugly tomatoes !!! Smart smart.

Although I want to save everybody from those horrible bad French and Dutch tomatoes.... I will only shout about it on my blog, so just between you and me.... want a tasty tomato, just drive to San Remo market place and experience what Tomatoes used to taste, and oh yes, remember when looking at your wife... it is the inside that counts ;)

Geen opmerkingen: