maandag 6 augustus 2007

French banks

After having spend the last two months without a credit card or cheque book and even an account blocked because of an admin error TODAY was assigned as being the day of Liberation. The French Bank police would liberate my account and supply me with a new credit card. YIPPIE, I would be able to join the material world again and do my share for the French economy.
A happy Erwin cycled back in town, holding the paper work in hand and ID card to get the papers. I waited for 10 minutes and than it was my turn, YES. Sir, you need to go to the other office with the sign, Student loans, sure that makes sense hahahah, still in a good mood so no problem. Waiting again, than the lady asks me to step forward and present the papers. She looks at them and than move to a metal thing eg safeguard for credit card and starts looking for it. My smile is being tested.... she comes back. 'is it a new card or not? Do you do old card too?? Vintage ones?? New I guess. The lady goes back and still not be able to find it. Sorry Mr Bos, we didnt receive it yet.
Ok....But you send me a letter that you have sooo...??? Well that depends on the system, we normally send them out before. Ok, I am sure that I am crazy or soon to be...
I ask the lady to try again and well with the same result she is back. I start to loose a little bit of my patience and ask her politely to search again or ask somebody else to assist.
Good idea Mr Bos, she leaves and comes back with a elder lady with glasses, Harry Potters mum I guess.... she opens the metal box of credit galore anddddddddd 2 seconds later, she gets my gold plastic access to the shopping world. The other lady briefly tells me that normally there is a yellow sticker on it and that is why she couldnt find it. I guess the name 'Erwin Bos' on the outside was not enough. hahahah
I could write entire blogs about the French banks and the frustration is leaves us with but I am scared that they will take note and improve.... How boring will that be???

Geen opmerkingen: