zondag 12 augustus 2007

Skin Trade

Being Dutch and white and not a great fan of spending time laying on my back in the sun, my natural colour remains rather light for a south of France habitant. So in order to get rid of a mum's first reaction...you are soo white. I rented a space at a funky private beach! Hey, if I need to suffer I rather suffer in style :) For a nice amount of money you get your own chair and as bonus you will be surrounded by ladies that are all browner that a Twix bar and still complaint about not really getting a good tan... I know a guy from Surinam that is less brown than they are ;)

So I prepared myself, brought a new swim thingy and a bottle of water to chill my ever increasing body heat (for the wrong reasons) Laying on this bed I was quiet relaxed and read an interesting book, had a coffee and when things really got hot, I jumped in the sea. After a record of 4 hours outside in the sun, I was really fed up and headed home. However my skin started to feel a bit weird, although I did put a lot of cream on it.

At home I looked in the mirror of the bathroom and honestly, I looked a real LOBSTER, funny at first, painful a little bit later.

Quickly bought a aftersun spray and every time I sprayed myself as if there was no hole in the ozone layer. But the whole week it remained painful but luckily towards the end only itchy!
But by God, Itchy big time and than the skin, I woke up and felt like a snake had slept beside me, with skin everywhere. Whatever movement I made, skin wanted to leave my body and explore the world.

Slowly I am getting towards a stage during which my normal skin (read WHITE) is coming back and start to feel ok again.

It is clear that we need to suffer to be beautiful but looking like a lobster and a snake changing skin is probably not part of it !

Have fun next week and apply some cream ! I did warn you!

Geen opmerkingen: