woensdag 15 augustus 2007

Can you smell the coffee?

Many people that know me a little know about my addiction... I am not scared to talk about it and say proudly, I am Erwin and I am a Coffee Addict! Since I put my foot on the scared ground of the Cote d'Azur I have be come hooked on the brown liquid known as 'Espresso'.
This is translated in a huge intake of coffee and a passion for the brew in general. Having purchased my first machine 8 years ago, I know have what I refer to as 'the dream machine' a Gaggia Titanium, Quality and Design make a damn good coffee! It grinds but also take the already grinded and offers a variety of things that makes life more fun!

Bear in mind that it was in 1947 that the family Gaggia created and patent the espresso !!!
Ever since Italy has been hooked and so is Moi! The espresso experience in Italy is something of a ritual, you stand at the bar, get served with a tiny espresso cup that is hardly filled but the cream and aroma already reveals its secrets and you just want to taste it. A feeling, a sensation that can not be copied !!! No senseo, Nespresso or other system can reach this level and honestly ...this is for the better! Yesterday I read a story on the BBC website about a girl that overdosed on 6 double espresso's ...oh dear That will be the first, soon we will have cups with printed messages on it 'Espresso may cause death if taking in large quantities' .
This is of course sad but all good things in moderation!!

One thing I will dedicate more blogs to is of course the horrible developments of Coffee shops...no not those Dutch ones, the ones that are called Starbucks, Coffee Republic, Nero's ect
We espresso drinkers want to remain low profile, we dont need an espresso late skimmed ect
I remember when I ordered an espresso at Starbucks in London the guy was taken by surprise... An espresso??? simple?? really? I guess marketing has entered the world of coffee and world domination is there target (a Starbucks on every corner of every street is their credo) funny that they have not tried Italy...hahahah that I guess wont work, but than again you never know...

Anyway, the purpose of my blog is asking you all to respect the Espresso ritual and serve only something that is in line with the Italian tradition and passion. You will see, the experience will be mind blowing (especially at 6 double ones) Let the espresso make you travel, like a Frederico Fellini movie, black and white, and full of things to discover.

I recommend you give it a try and if you dont feel it ....I suggest you take instant ?!
Well, I am off for a coffee, obviously !

Geen opmerkingen: