dinsdag 22 januari 2008

Spring is in the Air


Everybody in Nice and surroundings have been complaining about the winter and the rain that seemed to stay for a little while these days. The wind was cold and the sun did show its rays but not too often. For a pure South of France habitant this means that it is as cold as Siberia and the worst winter ever...
I guess that they are a little bit spoiled to say the least.

But on Monday morning I had the first indication that spring was among us, when I discovered a Mimosa tree that was in full swing; bright yellow and smelling so strongly that it made my eyes tear... The mimosa blossoms are a clear sign that things are going to change for the better. Today it is 18 degrees and the sun is showing its smile and putting its warms light upon us as a fluffy duvet cover.
Soon the whole Cote d'Azur will see trees tranforming into bright yellow mimosa trees ready to be picked for the Nice carneval. Last year I visited the Mimosa Route with my parents, so if you are interested in overdosing on yellow fluffy blossom, get your car and drive to the start of the Route de Mimosa and I am sure you will get more than you bargained for.
I am off to sniff another tree...

Geen opmerkingen: