maandag 14 januari 2008

Benvenuto alla Casa Bosco



The bullet is through the church! Just minutes ago I have received the signed papers for the purchase of my new house. After having visited the whole of Nice, checked the whole of Monaco, I crossed the border and found what I was looking for ! A house that looks out over the sea with plenty of land to benefit a maximum of the super climate and of course being close to Monaco is another advantage.
However I have now become part of the Italian administration machine and the amount of papers to be filled covers 20% of the rainforest. Furthermore I have to venture into an area where I dont really speak the language and try to understand what is needed to life peacefully in Italy. Luckily my real estate agent Matteo ( I promised to make him famous) is being very helpful with getting it all translated and assisting when and where ever he can.

So the place; I have enclosed a small not very commercially interesting picture of the project on which I am noted as A. The house is situated in the Principality of Seborga (this is a complete story I will tell later), which is tiny but very close to Bordighera and famous for its climate and food. (which Italian city isnt??) Although the speciality is rabbit! It has an easy access to the motorway and close to the town there are plenty of shops and markets where Casa Bosco will be able to stock up on good coffee, plenty of fruit and beautiful fresh pasta with salad.
Although I was not planning to buy a new property this one is clearly new.

The advangtage was simple, I had a lot of input in the choose of material and colours but the down side is obviously that I need to wait cos I get the key on the 2nd of April. In the meantime I will rent a place close by to keep an eye on things.
It will be a great adventure and I am looking forward to welcome everybody to the housewarming party and the enjoy plenty of sun on the terrace and the garden.
Keep checking my blog and I will update the pictures at each visit.

Just for general information, I am accepting all major credit cards for donations...

Geen opmerkingen: