donderdag 31 januari 2008

End of an Era

After long months of negotiating and multiple visits, today I handed over the keys of the house to the new owner. Having enjoyed 2 hours of notairy bla bla, I ended up with one piece of paper in my hands...A Cheque! And will subsequently be kicked out on Wednesday which is very soon and there is still plenty of stuff to organise so needless to say that a little bit of organisation skills is needed.

On the other hand it will be strange to leave the place after having spend almost 8 years there. Many memories, good and bad, but mostly good are now marching in my head and I am sure that the house will be a great one for the new owner.
On my side I am looking forward to start the Italian adventure but renting something was and is still a bit of a nightmare and I hope to get this sorted by tomorrow morning. Naturally I cannot be very picky since it is only for 2 months but well...it just needs to be right! The real estate agent is working hard to get it all organised and after having seen quiet a few places it looks like I am going to be obliged to take the first place that I saw. (how typical is that)

Adding to that is the rental of two garages to stock my stuff and I will be ready to learn a new language, experience a new culture en endulge myself in espresso's.
The place as a sea view and a small garden so lets hope that the WIFI will stretch far enough to cover the range.

Well, a weekend of packing is ahead of me and I need to rent a big truck to get the stuff 'shipped' over but that will be the fun part.
It will be a little adventure but I am looking forward to it and I am ready to create a new home that will provide for many more good memories.
Feel free to drop by, the coffee machine will be switched on 24x24.

Geen opmerkingen: