woensdag 23 januari 2008

The Future is Orange


After a good meeting today, I entered my local Orange mobile shop to ask a question about my smart phone that seems to be bugging me for a while.

This on itself is a very dangerous activity since Orange is well known for fixing your problem and adding 5 new one for which they will than charge you on top.
I entered the shop with my tail between my legs, a big smile and polite phrasing.
Mr Mobile of Orange was quiet helpful since he had the same phone, excellent news! Oh Mr Bos you just need to switch the phone off once a week and the problem is solved. Right.... well Mr I dont get my Sms messages, keep missing calls and sometimes dont even manage to call at all, dont think the solution off switching it off will do for me. Furthermore I have a special memory card that isnt working too.
Oh Mr Bos, I will fix that in 3 minutes. Good, lets start I say. 30 minutes later the slightly sweaty Mr Mobile starts to realize that indeed Mr Bos has a smartphone that is actually rather stupid.

Oh Mr Bos, the best way to fix it is a complete reset of the machine. Stop, halt, brake, I know this option and it generally cleans out my whole database. No, No, I just show you how it works but wont confirm the selection so that you can sync it before at work. Ok... BLEEP, your phone has been reset, all data removed, Welcome to Orange (on the screen) What the F**K! Oops well, it has never done this before too me, really strange.
Steam was coming out of my ears and I was ready to insert all the display models in the shop in Mr Mobile.

He suggested we call Orange HQ Tech center. After a KGB style interview, they decided that indeed the phone had a problem. Orange will free of charge replace you phone on Friday morning and the problem will be fixed... Ok, lets do it, I just need to pray that when I sync my mobile at work all will be retrieved.
On the way back I started to worry and when I finally synced the phone....BLEEP, cannot execute this procedure. AHHHHHHHHH, I now have an empty phone, no contacts, no agenda, no emails and I cannot make calls... The Future was Orange but I am RED!!!

Geen opmerkingen: