vrijdag 14 december 2007

Social Networking Hype or ?


The hottest thing on the planet now for companies is social networking. It has become essential to be part of a social network to either interact with friends, make new friends or use it as a business tool for networking purposes.
Think of a Tupperware party without the plastic crap you dont need...

There are many different ones that all seem to be the new thing, and you need to be part of it. The business version I prefer is LinkedIn, which is international and an industry standard. I have been member of years but only recently really start using it as a tool and have discovered that 75% of my prospects or clients are also on it.
(meaning 25% is up for graps!) But the more fun site are the Dutch Hyves and Facebook or Bebo. A social network which, up to very recent, wasnt spoiled by advertising and really linked friends of all over the world on one common page to share there music, ideas, pics and silly films and just providing a bit of interaction that is fun.

However, having said this, many company have started to create their own networks and we are now facing an dilemma of joining new ones. If I dont join this one, will I insult the person who invites me? If I join I only have some members (friends) will I look popular enough ? ... Questions that are not very relevant or interesting maybe, because there is one and one only question to ask...
Where will those social networks be in like say 50 years from now?? Will we still use them or is it just an hype?
I have asked myself this question and being curious (its the big nose) I discovered the featured photo and realized that, YES, Facebook will still be there in 50 years. The only thing that has changed considerable is .... the user!

Geen opmerkingen: