dinsdag 6 mei 2008

Artful Mess


When you are on site it is quiet annoying to see what is wasted. The number of metal frames, tiles, wooden cases, plastic bits and pieces are scattered across the ground. Some will end up in the ground being buried by the builders ( I spotted this before and manage to get 25 kilos of metal frames removed afterwards) and others will be taken away and dumped somewhere.

I still find it strange that there isn’t a company that deals with these things and takes care of builders waste. ( I am not talking about the numerous beer bottles) The environment is mostly likely to suffer from this and I don’t like to stick my hands in the ground while gardening and ending up with my hands sliced by some left over parts. Since getting rid of the waste is expensive it is hard to actually convince them to do so. On the other hand, have a look at the photo and see how arty cut off terraces tiles are ! I am sure that Damian Hirst would be able to sell this at a top price and so solving the cost problem of getting rid of waste in a proper way.

Geen opmerkingen: