zondag 27 april 2008

The Swedish Board Computer


If you are as old as me you will of course remember Knightrider. A curly David Hasselhof driving a black car that has a mind of its own and listens to the name Kitt. This board computer system was revolutionary in the 80s and useful when David wanted to do things that were not allowed, (Michael, Michael,..) Kitt took control and we all lived happily afterwards.

Well, things have moved on and I am the proud owner of a Swedish Board Computer called Knackerbrod or something. This computer supplies with plenty of useful information and often with plenty of completely useless information. 4 weeks ago it decided to indicate that my right head light was not working properly, which I consider useful information. However, have you have tried replacing a headlight? Well you generally end up slicing your hands and spending two entire days to do so and than in the end you head to your local dealer that will do it for you, of course charging you a silly amount of money for it. (nevermind the whole staff taking the piss when you drive off)

Anyway, I decided to be like David and ignore the message. Two weeks later a new message ; Dear Mr Bos we advise you to get your car checked up. I seem to have done a lot of kilometres so useful I guess again but I ignored it again. Knackerbrod wasn’t happy with this and refuses now to display the weather, my CD titles or anything useful that I find really useful. But yesterday Knackerbrod seemed to be pissed off and starts to make even more noises and indicates that now my left light is broken too! This is rather annoying, since that leaves me with not a lot of options and a screen that is filled with message and an angry Knackerbrod.

I guess that I have to visit a car dealer soon and get things repaired cos I remember the Turbo Boost of Kitt and it surely has plenty of other messages hidden in its system. Next time I will buy a Landrover of 1970, that doesn’t have suspension and never breaks down

Geen opmerkingen: