donderdag 24 april 2008

Paint it black..well White


Yesterday on my way to a BCC event I stopped at the Leroy Merlin shop to purchase what I thought would be easy and inexpensive…Paint!
When I arrived at the paint department it was rather obvious that a marketing and or business degree is not really helpful here. I therefore asked helped of an elderly looking lady that smelled like a mix of food and paint. She advised me to go for white paint to cover the first layer and than use an expensive mono-couche that will take care of the imperfection of my walls (are they any…) and takes care of it all for many years to come.

Right ok, so I got one container of paint that would cover 120m2, not enough for me so a second one. Than I needed to add this first layer paint to it as well. For the kitchen and bathroom special paint is required too. But the paint is great but you need to stick it on the wall! I opted for the latest design in hairy brushes, handpicked from the bottom of a wildebeest that was grazing in South Africa and didn’t knew what was coming. Good quality I guess!

Than I need to invest in some plastic to cover the floor, a number of buckets to put the paint in and of course some tape to covers areas where paint isn’t required. Anything I forgot? Ah of course a container of orange paint to be used for an area that needs to be defined yet but you cannot have a house with an orange spot somewhere!

Moving over to the till, I spotted orange seat covers that were reduced in price and me being a sucker for impulse purchases… added this to the list.
When it was time to get the credit card out, I looked surprised at the price, painting is for the rich ! It better be good or at least gets me high while painting.

Got it all in the boot of the car until the last container decided to leave its mark on me and sliced my finger nicely. I wanted white and orange paint NOT red! The lady at the reception desk almost passed out and after the divine intervention of the security guard I was freshly bandaged-up and ready to enjoy an evening with the BCC.

Geen opmerkingen: