zondag 20 april 2008

The Keys to The Casa


Friday morning was the moment during which I would become the proud owner of a new key (and a complete house attached to it) After some delays the moment was finally there. The weather had been rather bad again so I slided down with my Bikkembergs covered in mud ending up in the arms of the constructors. Men in casual chique but wearing big Wellington boots and still managed to look cool. Why didn’t I got some boots? Well, in all honestly I have no idea where you can purchase them and I think I prefer not knowing.

Anyway, the important thing was the key. After a quick tour showing an almost finished bathroom and a working fireplace I got one key and 5 spare ones! Was this a subtle hit that they knew I would be loosing them quickly ? Even better, the keys given were only of the ground floor, the upper level had a set too. So, within 5 minutes I added 2 kilo of key fat to the pocket of my muddy pair of jeans. It didn’t feel bad at all!

I am used to surprises (good or bad) with the house, so I just waited patiently to hear something and I was not disappointed. Good news, within 2 weeks the inside will be finished, Bad news, not sure if the hot water will work. Good news, there are two private parkings for me, Bad news, the inside needs to be painted by moi. Well, I have become sort of immune for these surprise and I guess there are all part of the HOE (House Owning Experience) and it means just that I need a little bit more patience and paint 130m2 of walls.

But the light at the end of the tunnel can now be spotted and although it will be a sort of camping experience for the coming weeks, I soon can call it my house and open the door with my key ! Time is irrelevant …

Geen opmerkingen: