dinsdag 29 april 2008

Mind the Gap


Soon I will be kicked out of my rented property and need therefore to get everything sorted at the new house. But what is there to be sorted when things are not moving.
Yesterday end of the afternoon, I thought it was sensible to check the status since normally the inside would be finished this coming Friday. When I arrived I noticed how calm it is ... I DONT WANT CALM ! I want to see sweaty workmen (for the record this is no fantasy of mine) working from 7 to 21.00 with 100% dedication!

One gentleman was cutting up the pavement OUTSIDE the house, which could only be qualified as not on the inside so therefore, not essential. I had a talk with him and he was very clear about things, he was ordered to do so and when this was finished he was off on a holiday. Oh jolly. I went inside and noticed that the bathroom was finished apart from the toilet and sink and there was a little hole in the wall. Excuse me? Could you explain the hole please? Si, he finished the wall in the bathroom and fixed one of the shelves and he was proud to underline, that this shelf would never move again. We that might be true but there is a hole on the other side of the wall! That was not his problem, he was not hired to close the hole. But were you hired to create it? That seemed to confuse him a little.

Luckily the real estate agent showed up and noticed the delays and some of the little problems and took photos and wrote a report to the constructor.
It seems that there never is a dull moment when you get your house built but with the idea of being on the street and living in a house without a toilet, sink, hot or cold water and no kitchen...seems to scare me a bit. Oh well, they promised it will be finished at the end of the week...

Geen opmerkingen: