zondag 27 april 2008

Miracle jumpers


This weekend the temperature has remained stable and quiet high, which means wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt is quiet warm but not too bad. I have, however, noticed that for Italians this is rather different. It is maybe a matter of class but the average Italian man, will show up in a pair of blue trousers with an elegant formal shirt and a jumper in a flashy colour. May I remind you that the temperature is 20 degrees Celsius! When they start to notice that it is quiet hot the will take off their jumper and casual put it around their shoulders. They don’t seem to mind the heat they prefer to suffer in silence and remain stylish.

You have to admire this dedication and as a matter of blending in, I have decided to follow this and become immune for the heat as well. Find myself a blue pair of trousers (D&G of course), some elegant loafers and nice blue tailored shirt and an orange jumper. Fantastic, ready to visit the local beach lounge place and impress the local crowd.

I walked from the door to the gate of the house… and almost died of the heat. There must be something I am doing wrong or they are all equipped with miracle jumpers because I am not be able to walk more than 5 minutes with it. I think I should better stick to drinking espressos and curse in Italian, that works a treat too.

1 opmerking:

Mignon zei

Excuse me, I stumbled onto your blog not to long ago. I think it's very funny. But this jumper thing had me a little confused a jumper to me or here in the US is a one piece pants and top together. A lot like overalls. What farmers or hillbillies wear.
But after rereading it a couple of times I realized you are referring to what we call a sweater. Nothing hotter then a well dressed man.