maandag 7 juli 2008

DIY DIE

The moment is there to start to put things together that will be used for the house and this weekend I started to assemble my garden set, lounge chairs and bed. Oh what fun…My tools where not at this house so I need to rely on a Ikea DIY set that costed 5 euros and promised to assist me during long hours of screwing (pardon me the expression)

I managed to drag all the boxes to a place where the sun was not trying to fry me and opened the first boxes that contained 4 chairs and one table. Easy, I can do this! Put my newly found Hip Music Station on and started to read the manual. Hang on, manuals are for losers, I need to get down and dirty without them. First chair progressed to the final stages during which a small plastic circle had to be placed between the arms set. Damn, this was like operating on a snail with a forklift truck! Thanks to my Yoga lessons…I managed to get hold of one part of the chair, the other was held by my teeth, my toes were holding the screw driver and my elbow pushed the plastic thingy in. Excellent, good job Dr Erwin. I put the chair straight away in the garden and took a good look at it. Oh dear, I reversed one of the back panels which made it look a bit strange but strange is good right?

Next three chairs were dealt with in a proper manner, followed by the table and the two lounge chairs. Slowly the house is getting dressed up and start to look like somebody actually wants to move in. Satisfied with the work done I tried to close the door behind me and noticed that all that DIYing had left my hands in a strange shape, like I was permanently holding a screwdriver in my hands. I guess I should stick to powertools and manuals but well, were is the fun in that?

Geen opmerkingen: