zaterdag 14 juni 2008

Arrivederci Genitori


After 5 weeks (!) my parents are moving back to the Netherlands. During those 5 weeks they have discovered that Bordighera and Seborga is a small Nizza, where the people are friendly and the food is super wherever you go. The goal of my parents was to help in the garden and do some painting but due to the delays they were forced to do…nothing, and that turned out not to be so bad! The white wine and the sun seemed to be a good substitute! The second goal of my parents was not to cook during 5 weeks which, unfortunately for them they didn’t manage…two evenings my mum had to be forced to prepare a meal, my sincere apologies mum.

I have to say it was a bit strange to see my parents for such a long time. It has been 10 years since I left Holland and I moved from home at 18. But frankly we had a great time together.

The whole town (well restaurants’, bars and brasseries) were aware of their presence and the impact on the local economy cannot be underestimated.
It seems that my mum has become a pesto addict and my father well… basically seemed to be in a state of ‘always hungry’.

During the holiday they have read a combined total of 20,000 pages, which is an achievement and when the departure was there, 14 bags were ready to be taken home. Those bags were filled with all types of food and beverages to maintain a holiday feeling when back at the HQ.

The return to Holland and apparently the relatively bad weather must be hard but a bit of pesto and vino bianco does wonders.
Well the OrangeEmpire salutes the genitori and hopes to welcome them back soon!

Geen opmerkingen: