zaterdag 16 augustus 2008

Italia is taking a rest and I get tire(d)


July and August are obviously months in which there is an economic slowdown and the ‘only’ business is tourism and in Italia this is no different. Although there is a tiny thing that has angered me slightly… The 2nd and 3rd week of August are considered to be a must take holiday period with some weird consequences. In need of petrol? Well virtually all of them are closed. Needed to go for a check up of your car? All closed. Dryclean ? Closed. The list is long and can be quite annoying if you are in need of the above mentioned services and lucky me… I was! My front tire was flat and turned out to be more used than Paris Hilton…

When I finally found a shop that could repair them he old guy showed me the tire and gave me a lesson is safety and recommended to replace both of them at only 350 euro a bargain…

But Italia is Italia, prices are to be negotiated and two for the price of one seemed to be a fair deal. But looking back it was very impressed that I still managed to do 185km with them on a sandy road just behind the house. But was is more surprising it that I was be able to locate a shop open and willing to take the business.

The old guy smiled friendly and fixed my door as well. I like to be ripped off with a smile even during the Italian holiday season.

Geen opmerkingen: